So I realised leaving this blog was kind of a bad idea. My thoughts get thrown all over the place and there isn't any time or any place to collect them. Twitter, with its word limit and timeline, finds me ranting all through the day without much thought. After an entire semester, I realise how much I need this space. So, hello. And happy new year.
Ahma is my favourite person in the world. Whenever I feel the world is spinning too quickly and I need a breather, she makes everything better. It’s not just because when I hold her hand, I feel her pulse and it slows my heart rate down. It’s not just because she lives in a perpetual state of remembering and forgetting, thinking I’m still 17 when its been five years and talking to her reminds me of when I was younger and the world was brighter. It’s not just because she still remembers our secret handshake even though she’s forgetting names. It’s all of that and more. It’s because she’s the one person I can run to and not have to tell anything to, and yet she knows how to make me feel better. It’s because her door is always open. It’s because her eyes, her beautiful eyes, always look at me with love. It’s because she’s my only constant, my only anchor. It’s because even though we have a 70-year age gap, she’s still my best friend. It’s because when I feel like the worst person on earth, she embraces me. And I know my home is in her heart. She makes me feel like I’m not broken. She makes me feel like I’m all right and the world can spin as fast as it likes. As long as her hand is here and her heart is here and her eyes are here, I know I will be fine.