
For the entire week, in the books I read and the songs I listened to, I was inspired to do something different. It was like a switch went off in my head and I was filled with adrenaline! I heard the message, "What good is it to receive grace and not share it, to receive forgiveness and not forgive, on top of it all, what good is it to receive love and not spread it?"
I thought about Charity Water, Soup Kitchen, and many other organisations and I was praying for a direction. The word "Project Love" just came to me. This was quite early in the week and with workload and excuses I didn't think much of it after a while. THEN TODAY, we had a speaker from the Logos ship come share their mission with us. The amazing thing was that the message answered all my doubts and fears. They're even having a 2-week voluntary work when the ship stops at Singapore and they are inviting youth above the age of 18 to join them. 2 weeks can turn into 2 months and maybe 2 years. So excited!
The speaker talked about the importance of working on our personal growth before reaching out to others. I mean, it's quite an obvious thing but sometimes we forget. I'll always remember this phrase I read somewhere: It begins with the internal, then family, then friends, then others. I guess this is my season to work on the first two. LOVE. To love is really to embrace everything in love, for love. Forgiveness, no envy, no bitterness, everything.
Second great thing that happened today, we were supposed to discuss Hell during youth, but somehow we digressed and it wasn't a normal digression. Usually we digressed slowly and naturally, but today, suddenly the topic of giving and love came up. From hell, to love. And Waichan suggested we come up with a project this Christmas to bless those around us. I was stunned when he said that and I blurted, "PROJECT LOVE" I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT THE ENTIRE WEEK. Ah, God You are very interesting.
Third amazing thing was instead of our usual worship prac, the adults didn't join us. We called up a few people who had been practising with us, and after Youth we just invited Marcus, Akif, and Sabrina. Marcus usually doesn't join us for lunch so I was really amazed when he showed interest in staying back for worship prac! Sabrina too (: Had the shock of my life when I realised our guitarist could sing so well and play the piano, our singer could play the piano, Akif, who just joined to wait for his brother could play the guitar and sing, and Marcus could play the guitar. It was like GOD WE'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIND MUSICIANS FOR SO LONG BUT THEY'VE BEEN HERE ALL ALONG. WE WERE JUST WAITING FOR THIS TIME. HERE. In His time. I told Tabi to lead the team while I arranged some music sheets and I was just sitting on the floor listening to all of them play and sing and have so much fun! They didn't have perfect pitch or rhythm or anything but it was so glorious watching them use their talents. God is so faithful.
I still remember when I was forced to join the team in sec 1 because my sister was playing the piano. I could only press one key and let it sustain. Naomi helped me a great great deal, teaching me how to play chords and all, and today, she was on the keys, me guitar, no drums, but it was a really powerful worship. God uses the ordinary, the mediocre, the people that others don't think much of. Thinking about all the times I wanted to quit, I'm so glad God pulled me through because what I witnessed on stage today was definitely a huge testimony to His faithfulness.
I was beaming the entire day really. So happy.
"Set your minds on things above, not earthly things."