Sunday, February 17

feelings

We are different creatures in the night and in the day. The moon has its way of breaking us down, softening our hearts, and exposing our true desires. For a while, for a long while, the night seems to be forever. And while the house sleeps and the people dream, we open our minds to these thoughts. Sometimes we even reveal secrets to another human being. The moon, after all, cannot satisfy our ears like the sound of another human breathing. The sun will come up and burn our dreams, it will come up and show us how silly we’ve been. But even though I know I’ll wake up feeling like I should have been kept in a hole in the ground, I will enjoy the night. I will enjoy being vulnerable while it is still dark. I will allow myself to breathe and be happy. Because even though the sun will come up, every thing I feel in the night is real. So here I am, enjoying the many feelings. Here I am, dreaming. Enjoy the little things. Good night.