Friday, February 8

There is no one like our God

For the past few weeks I've been telling God to give me a chance to share His word. When you're watching all your friends being active in University or having the jobs they've always wanted, you can't help but feel like you are going no where in life. But that's not what life is about. It's not about the certs you receive or the jobs you take on or even the places you visit. It's about people. It's about the people you meet and the way our lives impact each other. I've always believed this, but I forgot about it somewhere. Everything is intentional. Me going back to CHIJ to teach again was intentional. And I told God I didn't want to waste my time in school by just going for classes and leaving early. I wanted to talk to people, hear their stories, share with them mine. If during this gap year I had the chance to share God's word with just one person, the year wouldn't have been in vain. AND TODAY, GOD ANSWERED MY PRAYER AND DELIVERED HIS PROMISE RIGHT TO MY CUBICLE. One of the other RTs blurted out, "I don't know if I want to be a Christian yet." She said it while we were in a big group and I kept quiet. This bugged me all morning and I regretted not saying anything. We usually hang out in a group, the RTs. But today she broke away from the group and came to my cubicle, 2 doors down, to sit with me. And there. We started talking about God. And as I spoke I felt God taking over and speaking to us both. The staffroom was empty and I believe God had perfected all the elements to give us the perfect time and place to talk. We got so excited talking and sharing and asking questions and tears were literally welling up in our eyes. It was so amazing. God is so amazing. As she shared her doubts and insecurities, I was forced to reflect on my own relationship with God and to remember all that He has done for me. Needless to say, my faith level up-ed. And my friend is more assured in a God, and in God, and who Jesus is and why He had to die and God's holiness and His love for us and how beautiful He is. It was a very good day. A very very good day. And I can't wait for more days to come. God answers prayers.

I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
Luke 15:7