Tuesday, May 29

because sigur ros brings me back to you


"You're either good or you're bad. There's no in between." "Then I guess we are all bad." This was our last conversation. This was three years ago. Remember when you said our thoughts were alike? We knew each other for a brief moment and we trusted each other. We talked about C.S Lewis and Miley Cyrus. How they ended up in the same conversation still amuses me. You know how sometimes you affect someone in ways you don't even realise? Kind of like the butterfly minding its own business flapping it's wings in the wind and causing a tornado. As much as I hate butterflies, you were that for me. I hope somewhere in time we would come together again. I miss your thoughts, your words, your brilliant self. You were so kind. When you were still in my sight, I was a better person. I had an anchor, a role model. It's scary when I look back and realise how far behind I am. I used to run in the same direction as you but now it pains me to even crawl. But I am not sad. Because the past existed and always will exist. Maybe if I pick myself up and start running again, we'll meet somewhere sometime. And maybe I'll tell you, "Sorry for taking so long." Maybe I'll pass you by and shout, "Thanks for that time." We may not be running the same pace but I know if I head that same direction we'll meet again.