A quiet confirmation, happiness is. On the way home tonight I was watching the sky again. I was thinking of how He saw the world before He created it. He paints our skies with clouds in the day, and with imagination these clouds take shape. And He spreads the diamonds across our skies in the night, these stars that we trace and form patterns and shapes. If we just took notice of the sky, we'd see how intentional and artistic our Creator is. Who are we that He should bless us with a masterpiece that hangs over our heads throughout the day? We are nothing, but His love trumps all. This world is a beautiful place. This week, God also answered my prayer in the most surprising manner. When we ask for something, we can never tell if the answer is No or Wait. Most of the time, we refuse to be rejected and so we take it that God says, Wait. But how long? How long do we wait? When do we know that we should give up? This week He taught me that there are more than three standard answers. I didn't get a Yes, No, or Wait. I received a, I've got a better answer to your problems. The relief I felt knowing that God was always listening and that He had a plan so much greater than mine really made my week. God always listens. Waiting is difficult but He answers in His own way, in His own time, and if we persevere we see that it is so much more beautiful than what we had in mind. He is really sneaky sometimes, and always full of surprises. So let's not hold on to our ideas of God or box Him up, waiting for Him to answer us in specific ways. He will answer, definitely. And He listens, even when we think He doesn't. We just have to persevere. If waiting were easy, we wouldn't need the word persevere.