To celebrate the night I got my Sigur Ros tickets. Just take some time to watch this video. Every time I listen to Sigur Ros I'm moved not only by their music, but by the thought and effort that goes in to it. Every sound, every instrument, every breath is so delicate and intentional. When musicians truly put in their hearts and their souls and treat their piece of art with so much respect, a little bit of themselves escape through the notes to reach the listeners. It's an extremely brilliant experience as a listener, to feel the pulse of the band. From their whispers to their climaxes, everything is just. so. perfect. And Sigur Ros takes all this to another level when they put their work where their hearts lie. They're always remembering their community.
If you can't really hear what they're saying, they're playing an acoustic gig to protest against the building of a dam in that beautiful landscape.