Tuesday, August 21

not-so-raya-weekend

Selamat hari raya! This year was the shortest hari raya in the history of hari rayas with Voldy's family. After Voldy's service, and after driving to pick me up from church, we were the last family to reach Aunty Shida's. Everyone else left ): AND we had to leave early cos of some mothership matters. Didn't go visiting on Monday either. I will make my children dress in traditional costumes in the future. Too cute. Thank God for raya money to fix my SLR.

20 Aug
Brunch with the army panda, Loke, and Fannykoh at Cedele, Serangoon Gardens.
 It took me forever to get there, but man I love Serangoon. All the tiny buildings and interesting shops. I never fancied malls nor tall buildings. They lose character. But Serangoon Gardens is like a tiny little island on its own. Yes, yes I'm noob. I live in the West Coast, or what Loke prefers to call it, Malaysia. After brunch the unsatisfied panda was looking for a place to have DESSERTS. We ended up having smoothies at Chillax. Massage. CafĂ© instead. Can't wait to roam Serangoon with the eat nia people. Left the friendly folks for tuition. I'm so bummed that PSLE Maths is ending in 6 weeks! This is my favourite kid. Holland boy and his sister. Sam always dances when Bryan is having tuition. She always tries to distract us with toys and all. When we have time after tuition I play them a song on the guitar and Sam will start singing and Bryan will start insulting her. Psffft, big brothers. Going to miss being able to joke around and spew sarcasm in class. Had camp meeting with CYX at Holland v after. So excited for camp! It's time for a revolution~~ This CYX was talking really loudly about green packets and where we got them. The waitress replied him, "By the way, the green packets, they get them from the bank." Noobcake. RJ got no malay friends meh. hahahahahaha.

18 Aug
10.20 with the awkward friends at zouk ugggghhhhhh
Why do m:idea events always happen at zouk. I was dreading it as if I were going to attend my ex-boyfriend's wedding. Not. My. Scene. Anyway thank God for my lovely friends who put up with my whining. Had Bak Kut Teh after 13 years with Golden Boy at Tiong Baruh. I always tell them that Bak Kut Teh is an event food. Like Tau Huay. You meet with friends to eat these things. It's not a, "oh, look there's a Tau Huay/ Bak Kut Teh stall here, let's sit and eat." Maybe it's just me. I like event foods. Roamed around my favourite Yong Siak street, getting judged by GB. The word indie is too loosely tossed around these days. Met the Loke after her cell and we headed awkwardly to zouk. Only good thing about it was seeing Edwin again! During our IBP days I would freak out when he cut his hair because he was so cutesy with his long boy hair. NOW, his army head just feels like a soft carpet. It's not real. How can someone's hair feel so soft and smooth and silky even after getting shaved off. How. Loke, "Leaving zouk at 9pm. Only us. Only us." Had pancakes and icecream at Cedele with Loke and GB instead of hanging around lightless lifeless place. Fatkidsarehardertokidnap.