Sunday, August 26

Tea with the Wee

Today, I had tea with a friend. We talked about books, about dreams, about how depressing adults around us are because instead of chasing their whole save-the-world dream, they’re stuck banking because “it puts food on the table". It’s depressing to center your life around money. I wish I could farm for a living. Have strawberry fields at the back of my house. I want to have plenty of children and have them run around the house. I want to read to them because I believe having stories read to you is the best feeling in the world. I want to raise them appreciating the night sky. I don’t want them to worry about making enough money all the time. At the end of the afternoon my friend and I decided we’d buy a plot of land some day, build our own farms, and raise our little families there. But before we left the cafĂ©, “remember to send in your resume today,” she said. Sigh. Send in my resume, I shall.