Friday, November 16

St. ALi


Hidden in the alley of street art and open garage stalls is the beautiful St. ALi. The sister's friend took us here before the Coldplay concert on the last day. It's easy to miss if you're not paying attention, appearing as just another garage or so. My heart skipped a beat when we entered the cafe. This was what I was looking for. Not just during my trip to Melbourne, but in life o.o Dark and cosy, wooden tables with various types of chairs, open lights. There's something about having different chairs that I love. I love shops with different types of chairs at a table. Shops with different types of mugs. Shops with different types of everything. That's probably why I love Geisha Cafe so much too. You'll never find two of the same mugs sitting on your table. *unpopular opinion - but I still like Starbucks*. St. ALi  is probably the only place in the alley without street art on its walls. While the sister and her friend were having some intense conversation about the world I took my camera around and snapped like a noob. Tourist license to noob around. The sky was so blue it looked photoshopped. Found a staff from the cafe walking in and out of another garage and I saw the gorgeous bike sitting in the ulu place. I wish SG had bike lanes, but we're already packed like sardines. Anyway. Coffee was good. Music was questionable. Cafe was awesome. Made my "Mad" whatsapp group promise to go hunting for nice cafes. Hopefully there will be more unique cafes to come!