After days of haze and scorching dry weather, it's finally raining. The sun was beautiful this evening though. So big, so close, so round and orange, sitting in the cloudless sky. Like a huge sunny-side up. Well the flaming ball has given up its place and I thank God for the rain. Nothing sounds better than droplets of rain beating against my windows. In my favourite weather I snuggle under my sheets reading what might be my new favourite book. Do you hear the thunder? What a glorious sound. It makes me so happy, the rain. If friendly giants existed I would think their entrances sound like thunder. Not the sharp piercing kind, but the low rumble that assures you more rain is coming and it soothes you to sleep. Wash away the haze, the heat, the anger that we've kept through the day. Cool us down and let us have peace again.