Thursday, July 19

wake up wake up


The pretty things and good food and good company during my trip to Perth. I should probably start taking new photos. I miss traveling. No, I miss my sister. So I don't really know what the future holds, I've been moping for months now, and I don't know if I'm going to re-apply to the local universities here or just accept my fate and go to Perth. But my good friend Loke reminded me this morning that God is in control. How comforting and amazing it is to know that even when we're drowning in our whirlpool of thoughts and worries, God's all like, "Calm down, I've got this. Trust Me."

Got a gig tonight thanks to CYZ. It's been so long since I played outside of church. Really thankful for CYZ who remembers me and let's me tag along with his band. After this I'll polish up my portfolio and force myself to get an internship somewhere. Either with SPH or Gary's atas magazine, whichever door opens. Got to be brave!! Also glad to have a short chat with rockyporky who reminded me not to waste whatever I've learnt or learnt to love doing. I get by with a little help from my friends (: God-given friends. So blessed, so blessed. So I'll see if I can get an internship anywhere, and the end of the year is filled with gigs! Charlie Lim with mayoloh, Yellowcard with Loke and sister Loke, Sigur Ros (hopefully with the sister or at least a friend), Coldplay wooohooo. The year is ending already. The kids are in army. The friends are in uni. It's been a strange year. Feels like December. Hope to see Oli and Meh at the gig tonight. At least there'll be a couple of friendly faces. It's a WKW thing, this gig. I'll just go in and say, "Hi, thanks for rejecting my application to your school, but come, let me play you a song."