Friday, May 24

I ate Friday


























I have so much coffee and tea in my system now. I also ate ham and eggs today and it did not feel good. Can't help but picture the chickens in the farm and their horrible conditions. It's not that I want to stop eating meat and stuff, but I just can't look at food the same way after that book. Shall this be Day Zero of not having meat/eggs/cheese/milk? The last hundred-or-so pages of Eating Animals are just notes, so I managed to finish it and shove it in the golden boy's face. "If I starve in army and become too skinny, it's your fault." Let's see how many pages he can take before he stops looking at meat the same. I challenged decembermei also, since she's always fighting with vegans on tumblr. It was nice seeing YT again after so long, the working world has robbed her away from us. Though she wasn't too pleased to meet us cos she says reading has screwed up our minds. So sad. Ice also doesn't love us anymore. I feel very pouty and whiny today. I think, I think it is the sun. And the food. We hung out at Liang Court because it was mad crowded everywhere else and we thought of Olgachewchewchrain. Went to Kino and thought of Xkana. Friends, please come home soon. It never feels complete without you. What does Australia and Canada have that we don't, huh? A good education system where everyone is given the chance to study, that's what. It's getting demoralising, waiting for my uni letters. But as I always believed, it doesn't matter where I end up because God will be with me, and my purpose is to do His work, His will. Even in IJ where I felt so stagnant, He showed me my purpose and gave me so much joy! Until my letters come, I will enjoy every day reading leisurely because I see too many friends who hate reading after dealing with their uni notes. What I have is time, a luxury, I shan't complain about waiting anymore.