One thing I've learnt during this whole ordeal is that there truly is nothing new under the sun. The whole bible is filled with stories, trials, characters who behave so human throughout and it really acts as a book of life. I keep holding on to the lessons I've learnt from the Word and it has helped me make sense of everything from the very start, and God continually pushes me and reminds me of characters who have been in my shoes or worse.
Humanly speaking, I received bad news about the cancer yesterday, and this morning I received another piece of bad news about the long-term effects of my chemo. But all I can think of is how trials are never a one-time thing. Characters in the bible never just face one problem. As they face their trials, the aftermath of their problem hits them as hard as the first quake. Waves of seemingly bad events or bad news will keep coming and it feels like it adds on to the original problem. But through it all, God's power shines through, hearts turn back to Him, and all is for His glory. People do not suffer for no reason.
When news keeps getting worse, trust that God is working anyway. It doesn't change His hand in your life. It doesn't change His goodness, His power, His faithfulness. And in times of struggle, always be the crack for God's light to shine unto others. Imagine the testimony from all this, the hearts that could return.