Sunday, December 14

About Time


What if you had all the time in the world? And nobody expected anything from you. What if you had all the space and freedom to do anything you wanted? What would you do? 

Ever since I dropped all my responsibilities this couple of months, I haven't actually taken control over my free time. I'm overwhelmed. This is the first time since I could remember where I have zero responsibilities, zero commitment, and I have all the time in the world. Well, perhaps until school starts and we'll see if I actually go back to school this semester. I've been spending my days watching the telly, surfing the net, playing games, reading books and magazines, basically everything I could do since I'm practically a couch potato now. I realise I have so much going on in the cave of my room that I don't actually concentrate much on any one thing. My games are left half-played, I always give up when I'm trapped in the room and I can't find a new map, I never really concentrate on the shows I watch, and I can't even get through four chapters in one sitting of my favourite books anymore. But it's always been like that. I want to do everything, and I accomplish, nothing.

I still want to publish my writing, but I haven't been writing much. I still want to take photos and film stuff fo' realz and not just for social media. I still want to learn animation. I still want to improve on graphic designing. I still want to do illustrations. I still want to publish a morbid children's book. I still want to work for a magazine. I still want to score movies. I still want to compose music. I still want to have gigs. I still want to improve on the guitar. I still want to pick up a trumpet again. I still want to do all these things and suddenly, time seems so short. But this is the time, isn't it? This is the time I have now. I just got to... prioritise. What do I really want to do? I've got all this equipment and all these interests bugging me every day, but what do I really want to focus on? I wish we could do everything and be great at it all. Right now, I just want a burrito.

Anyway. A reminder that Carissa and Andrew Gallo are my dream team.