Wednesday, September 12

I am a bee












































I haven't felt tired or busy in a long time. This is all so exciting! Finally, progress. Thank God for His bountiful blessings (: I've started working at qiito with hannahloke. It's a small travelogue company and all day long I get to sit with my good friend, talk nonsense, and write copies of places. I've found so many nice things to do in Singapore because of the job, and cheap hotels all over Taiwan too. It's a nice place to work at. Comfortable. Carefree. And every time the rainbow wheel of death appears on Word I declare a Tumblr break! So every day after 6pm, I speed walk to the train station to reach my tuition kid's place at 7. The photo above is the mad light I face walking out of the office. My feet are sore and my thighs ache. But I keep telling myself, this is NOTHING compared to all the hard work the sister is going through right now. She's a warrior.

I probably sound like a total noob for saying this, but the peak hour crowds are rather fascinating. Everyone queues up in 2 straight lines by the side of the train doors and wait for their turn to board the train. You could say that Singaporeans are rigid or so law-abiding or whatever, but I'm so proud of our culture. Civilised. Though there are many angsty people on the train as well. Taking the circle line early in the morning is therapeutic. Since my place is so ulu, I always get a seat in the morning. It's the 6pm crowd that drives me quite crazy. The good thing about crowds is that everyone is squeezed together so tightly that nobody can fall. Just take a look at this silly little brat documenting her daily commute. Sigh.  

I also got a job (sort of) at Nurul's company, writing concepts and hopefully scrips for TV shows. Really thank God for providing. I never sent a resume, I never had an interview, I got these jobs purely by the grace of God and my darling sweet friends. Decided it was not a good idea to do my internship now because I'll be traveling so often. So right now I'm juggling between 3 jobs, church commitments, and driving. We're planning COGY CAMP now! That's the one thing I care about most and am most worried/excited for. With CYX in army I really need all the help I can get. Gotta thank the older youths for being so willing to help (: Days seem to past slower when you've got things to do. I always thought it should fly by if you're busy. Can't wait for cell and cogy this weekend. The anchors of my weeks. Saturday cell and Sunday youth. So yes. This is the long-awaited update on my pre-uni life. Sent my camera to the camera hospital again. Can cry. Sometimes I think I'm wasting money at a faster rate than I am earning.