Saturday, September 15

sigur ros

Going for Yellowcard with Loke tomorrow. I should be incredibly excited since YC was my favourite band when I was in secondary school. But my heart, my heart is somewhere else. Listening to Takk... and feeling breathless. Sigur Ros is too beautiful. I cannot wait to see them in November. I still haven't found anyone to go with, since the friends who would go with me are in the army and the sister is still in Perth. But man. I need someone to hug when Sigur Ros comes on. I need someone to hold when they start playing. Not in a lovey-dovey-oh-I-need-you way, but just. To keep me breathing. Sigur Ros is amazing. The venue is Fort Canning. I hope everyone will bring their mats and just sit and soak in the music. I hope we wouldn't have to squeeze. I hope everyone will just. chill. But even if we have to squeeze, I'll be in my own bubble. Crying like mad. I'm so frustrated because I can't decide if I should take photographs/videos of the gig to immortalize those magical moments, or if I should just go empty-handed and absorb the music, never distracted by the urge to take a photo. You know how it is, how you get so caught up capturing the perfect photo that you just miss out on the whole experience entirely. Sigur Ros is so precious to me. I just wish someone precious would go with me. Sigh. I almost forgot I have Coldplay coming up on 13 Nov with the sister in Melbourne. Also, I should be excited. But. I have these two great concerts with two of the best people in the world and I'm just longing for and imagining what Sigur Ros would be like. Sigur Ros. In the dark. In the park. Live. Sigh.