Friday, July 19

back to perfection

"What if your future home is not like what you've dreamed of?" 

I keep hearing people go, "If God is so cruel to create such a terrible world then I would rather not believe in Him." or "If God is around why does He let so much suffering take place?" In my head I kept going this was not the intended world, well obviously we were created for something greater than this, then all the more we should return to His perfection. God is not a sadist. Faith could be explained very simply, and it could get as complicated as you want. This is why no human effort can ever convict a person's heart. Only God can reveal Himself to someone and if that person isn't ready, He waits! Can you imagine God, in all His splendour who created the stars and the planets would care to wait for you to be ready to accept His love? Grace. 

In the beginning it was us and God, side by side in the garden of Eden, in perfection, when we were truly united and shared the most amazing relationship. It was because of freewill that we fell. And because of freewill that we see the world as it is. All the more we should return to perfection now. Sigh. I love this quote by C.S Lewis, that "If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." But that doesn't mean we sit and wait for that world. Perfection doesn't lie in the place our souls are kept, whether in this world or in God's kingdom. It dwells within our souls when Christ is in us. And as we strive for that perfection, that contentment, that joy that only God can bring, we prepare ourselves for His kingdom. And so we are strengthened to face this earth, this earth where everything turns to dust in the end and sometimes we find it so meaningless to live in. But with Christ in our lives, it doesn't matter where we are at all. Eternity doesn't begin when we die, it began when we were born. God doesn't want us to do things for Him, He doesn't need us to do things for Him. He wants us to worship Him, to praise Him, to enjoy His presence and share that relationship we once had in the garden of Eden.

Brunch with casawee is always a good one. We were talking about alternative futures (seems like the hot topic among us twenties) and then she asked, "what if your future home is not like what you've dreamed of?" Then it hit me. It's not an alternative life that would change the way I feel about home, it's a change in my own perception that would help me love my home. I've always dreamed of my future home and I've blogged about it so many times. My coffee tables, my shelves of books, my warm and happy house. Well if I can't be happy here, what makes me think I would be happy there? Perception.

Thou mayest. As we have chosen to sin, and chosen to wallow in sadness, so we can choose to triumph over sin and rejoice under every circumstance. That's the beauty of our Lord. That victory is guaranteed, all we have to do is choose to accept His will and live the life He has called us to. God's plan is perfect and specially crafted for each one of us. Nothing we can dream of will be better for us than His will. So we can choose to be stubborn and build what we feel is our real world, or accept the beautiful plan He has for us and let Him walk beside us every day. Perfection.

We all have a choice. Love.