Monday, July 29

day 1

Today is the first day of the next eight years of my life. My eyes are burning, back is aching, I am terribly exhausted from all the queuing and lugging of bags and the massive cleaning that took place in the morning and again at night in my new dorm room. But it was a very very good day because it ended with me talking to aunty molly and val jie and alvin kor. Never felt this much support from the cousins before. While val jie is the one who would listen and advice and give me all the materials in the world to disinfect my room and make it smell nice, alvin kor shows his love in the most delicious way: Ikoi soon. It was so nice to go have dinner at their place to tell them all about my day. I felt like some hallmark card child, going home to a hot dinner and rambling on and on about the happenings of the day. And thank you to YT and the Brisbane Loke for sending me well wishes on the first day. So exciting leh I feel like I'm primary one. 

And it's true what they say. When you're in a new lecture hall with new kids around, you miss MCM so much more. So many times I looked around for a familiar face to eye contact with when the speaker said something funny. But nobody would laugh with me. Maybe they were all looking for familiar faces too. There's no place like NP MCM lectures when we united against the greater evil and covered for our omegle/tumblr/vampire diaries-surfing friends. NP MCM lectures, where there is an overflowing distribution of BeeBee and everybody broadcasts awkward and awful lecturers on twitter.