Sometimes I look at where I am and I am hit with a wave of gratitude and helplessness. I could have been born anywhere in the world and yet, I am here. I did not do anything to earn a right to be born here. I did not work or pray or slave to be here. I could have been born in a place where I'd be a child prostitute or a child bride. I could have been born oppressed to the point of having acid poured on my face. I could have been born into fear for my life. And yet, I am here. Arguing with ignorant boys over feminism. Sitting in the comforts of my own room reading poetry on sexism. Analysing literature on how girls are treated as commodity. I am extremely distant from those who are suffering and I can never understand a tenth of what they are going through. I can only gather my limited knowledge and argue and get frustrated and try to get through to boys who still make jokes about rape. I know it is all for fun and they don't mean it, but making jokes so casually just reflects how distant we are from real issues. I am mad that I am not doing anything to help. I am mad that I am so far away. I am mad that I sometimes forget about the other side of the world when I am so comfortable and happy where I am. I am the privileged, I am the fortunate. I recognise that. I just know that I am born into a place where I have the ability to help, whichever way I can. Being outside of that circle where women are constantly oppressed and abused, I can do something. I don't know how, but I believe we are placed wherever we are for a reason. Being born into a comfortable life isn't for us to merely enjoy, but to be used for a greater good. Look at the number of "I"s in this. To think about "I" is a privilege in itself.