Thursday, September 5

"I'm with you and God's with us"

My lesson of the week is to trust in God's plan for you no matter how anxious things can get. Whatever you want and whatever God has planned for you may be different sometimes. But know that of all the doors of opportunity you can ever get in this lifetime, the one He presents to you IS the BEST.

Words of wisdom from the jungle friend ludfilhadi. So I didn't get Literature. I'm stuck in that grey area where I don't know if I should accept it as God's will or to do my best to appeal. After all Luke applied for uni three times before getting what he wanted, RachP chionged for FASS, Rachel C and Venetia fought for Literature this sem. Even though there is no template and I shouldn't base my decisions on other people's victories, I don't want to give up so easily. Honestly, if I put my mind to it, I know I can enjoy and do well in Geography. I know. But I've never wanted something this badly. And I want to teach Literature. So between walking through the open door and knocking on the rest, I'm going to keep knocking until I find peace somehow. This is going to affect my next 4 years in school and I-don't-know how many years in the teaching industry. I really don't want to throw in the towel so quickly. They didn't even give me a reason for rejecting my appeal. I will question until I have peace.

In other news, I really thank God for good friends. Syafiq and Fir actually stayed up with me till past 12mn today to help me with my Geography assignment. They didn't have to, but they did. Thank God for the poly kids who put up with my whining and the sissypoop jemtoh ludfilhadi lukeiss for reminding me to look to God always. I get by with a little help from my friends.

In the chaos, in confusion, I know You're sovereign still.
In the moment of my weakness You give me grace to do Your will.