One thing cancer has shown me is how generous and kind and supportive people can be. November marks one year of cards, free books and CDs and whales (so many handmade whales), and unconditional support from the people in my life. But another thing it showed me was the difference in the way we as a society viewed physical illness and mental illness. You don't tell a cancer patient to stop having cancer cells grow in their bodies, you don't ask them "why can't you just eat??" when they can't stomach anything without throwing up, you don't tell them to "look at things from a different perspective" and they will be cured. So why. Why do we still pin mental illness on the individual instead of addressing it like other diseases. It is not a character flaw. It is not a character flaw. It is not a character flaw.
And because it is viewed and judged so critically as a character flaw, people battling these illnesses battle it alone, for fear of being judged. And I just wish all this love that's been given to me would be diverted towards them. Listen.
To those whom I'm not close to but have been sending me love in forms of prayers and gifts, thank you (: And to those who've been with me since a year ago, I love you very very much. Thanks guys, though I haven't been saying thanks enough, for the face stuff, for the socks, for the handmade whales and giraffes, for the CDs, for the books, for anything and everything you've done for me to make this time better. I never expected to receive so much love, especially from the St. Margs girls whom I haven't seen in a while. You are all living proof that God exists. Thanks. I'm real shitty with conveying how I feel and sending out letters, but thank you.