Saturday, February 6

l o v e

This has got to be one of the best nights since I got here. Listening to OMAM and texting the ones I love so much. I thank God for CNY weekend cos everyone is at home and trying to get away from CNY awkwardness. Finally had quality time with the beng and the chiobs, my rocks. Loke is also finally free from her hectic work life, and I finally caught my rebel of a cousin. I think I talk to all of them less because they are all working. Of course my dependable uni schooling mates and my COG guardians are still with me, but I'm so glad to get time with the poly kids <: Working life changes everything and I am a very understanding but selfish friend. I'm actually smiling and laughing genuinely and I feel so happy. Thank God for this recharge. I've been whining a lot, and attitude probably has some strange effect on how quickly or slowly time passes. I'll try to be less sian and a bit more positive, ok. You know how you have different messaging platforms for different people? No? Just me? I see the notifications from each app and I just know who is on the other end. And it brings me so much comfort. 

It's really different than studying or working overseas, me being here. Because I am not creating a kind of life for myself here. I'm just existing in a certain place for a certain time. I don't make friends, I don't do anything, I'm just, here. Sometimes I wonder if I'm blogging the same things over and over because I can't tell day from night and my thoughts keep running in the same loop I wonder if I've penned it down before. Three weeks on house arrest I can see why Shia went a little obsessed in Disturbia. But being away also makes me put in more effort when talking to others. I'm sure I wouldn't be bugging my friends all the time had I been in SG. So thank you, my lovely friends, for bearing with me while I whine and keep you up all night. And thank you for being with me (': 

We got lucky, you know. I realise not everyone has friends like that. We got lucky in poly. Whether we were in the same class or same project group or we only got close after graduation. I mean, you don't stick with every one of your classmates after you graduate, but the ones that stick around really stick around for life. Chiobs and I were saying we're at the age where we have fewer friends. While some kids in uni are all about making new friends, we're all old and tired and we're more careful and certain about who we want in our lives. And I'm glad I have who I have. 

Happy CNY everyone. Prepare your FAQ boards and wear it around your neck. If you're the oldest in your generation, brace yourself. Questions on partners/marriage/babies will be all up in your face.