Friday, January 18

And so on

You know how after a great book you're stunned and you have the author's voice in your head? Supposed to be reading Dickens now but Vonnegut is giving me a live commentary of A Tale of Two Cities in my head. This is my first Dickens book. Trying to expand the voices in my head. Going to complete Of Mice and Man by tonight since I gave it up to buy Napoleon Symphony and Coatedpeas so kindly lent it to me. Napoleon Symphony is now with Golden Boy. I love Burgess with all my heart but I forgot what it's like to listen to his voice again. Just ordered a really worn-out Zamyatin book from amazon because I can't find it anywhere (yes, I've tried bookdepository). Waiting patiently for my beloved to arrive. I have lots of time to kill in the staffroom so I'm clearing my backlog pretty quickly too. The Sirens of the Titan is still somewhere in the queue. So is Lord of the Flies. I'm shoving Zamyatin's We to any willing reader because it is so wonderful. How do you make math sound so romantic and elegant? Going to borrow dragon tattoo girl from Lukeiss and da vinci code from RachP and great gatsby from Golden Boy. And I'm going to satisfy my Criminal Minds thirst by searching for the real case studies. My life isn't quite in order but look at my reading list for the first few months of 2013! So exciting. Waiting patiently for Zamyatin to appear in my mailbox. Thank God for friends with similar interests and friends who own their own little libraries at home.