Monday, July 6

mexicali


After 40 over hours of flying to and fro, I'm finally home all comfy and well rested. Mexicali was nothing short of beautiful thanks to the amazing host family we had. It's a pity we didn't get to stay longer, but I'm really glad to be back with my kids, and PSLE is coming so soon this tutor is panicking. I went for 6 cycles of nano particles treatment when I was there and it was nothing like the treatment here. It's not meant to be chemo, but still, it felt good to get treated without the stench of alcohol swabs and saline solution. The clinic was so chio and I had a huge room all to myself. So I'd lay there twice a day and spend the rest of the day with the girls from the host family. Picked up a few Spanish words even though the girls only wanted to teach me all the bad words. The trip was really timely and it taught me so much about the mother and myself and God. Cheesy as it sounds, it really did. I also learnt that my tailbone has been abnormal since birth and now it's just getting worse ): Imagine sitting through 20 hours of flight in pain. The doctor gave me some pills though, but I'm afraid I'd become over-reliant on them so I just deal with the pain. Now that I'm back in SG there's so many things to settle again. Applying for practicum leave (ya, I haven't done that lol), dealing with hospital schmospital.

Oh. 

I'm going for my scan this week and it would determine if I would have to go back for chemo immediately or if I could rest for another month. Of course, I'm praying that this is the scan that would show me a miracle, that I wouldn't need chemo anymore. I'm really tired of chemotherapy and it's going to be a real problem when I work and go back to school. Please, please, please, may this scan reveal only good news. Only. Good news. I don't think the folks can handle another wave of bad news. They have been so kind to me and I think I'm only starting to accept it as it is, no questions asked, no fear for change in the near future. I'll write about this another time when I feel more in the mood. For now, it's just, I'm safe, thank God for the good trip, and we'll see what the scan shows.